Tabu is an Indian film actress. She has primarily acted in Hindi films, and has also appeared in English, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi and Bengali language films. She has won the National Film Award for Best Actress twice, and has received six Filmfare Awards, including a record four Critics Awards for Best Actress. She was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2011.
Real Name: Tabassum Fatima Hashmi
Date of Birth: 4 November 1971
Age (as in 2017): 45 Years
Birth Place: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Zodiac sign: Scorpio
Residence: Mumbai, India
School: St. Anns high school, Hyderabad
College: St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
Educational Qualifications: Graduate in Electronics
Hobbies: Collecting perfumes, writing poems, reading books
Father: Jamal Hashmi (Actor)
Mother: Rizwana (school teacher)
Sister: Farah Naaz (elder, actress)
Physical Stats & Features
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 65 kg
Figure Measurements: 34-28-37
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
Debut Film: Her first role as an actress was in the Telugu film Coolie No.1 co-starred with Venkatesh
Marital Status: Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends: Sajid Nadiadwala (director, producer), Sanjay Kapoor (actor, producer), Akkineni Nagarjuna (Telugu actor)
Sriram Raghavan is set to be back as a director and will have an unusual pairing in his next flick called Mudh Mudh Ke Na Dekh. The movie will star Tabu and Ayushmann Khurranna in the lead, while Radhika Apte will play a pivotal role. The film will have a thriller element in it.
In Golmaal Again
She will also be seen in Rohit Shetty’s upcoming flick Golmaal Again. She will join the cast of Ajay Devgn, Arshad Warsi, Kunal Khemu, Tusshar Kapoor and Shreyas Talpade and Parineeti Chopra who will reprise their roles from the prequels.
As per the reports, Tabu has been roped in to play a cameo in the show Chakravyuh. She will be seen as Satrupa’s (Narayani Shastri) sister in the show.
Some Interesting Facts about Tabu
- The actress was born as Tabassum Hashmi to Jamal Hashmi and Rizwana. She was born on November 4, 1971 in Kolkata. Her parents were divorced when she was a child.
- Tabu is a pure vegetarian.
- Tabu is the niece of Shabana Azmi.
- In 1980, the actress made a small appearance in the film ‘Bazaar’. 5 years later at the age of 14, she was seen alongside Dev Anand in his film Hum Naujawan’.
- Some of her other critically acclaimed film includes Border, Virasat, Astitva, Chandni Bar, Hu Tu Tu, Maqbool, Mira Nair’s The Namesake, Priyadarshan’s Hera Pheri, Cheeni Kum and the recent hit Haider. She also received a National Award for her role in Chandni Bar. Tabu is also a receipent of Padma Shri.